Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month
June is Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month. It's a time to shine a purple light for the millions of people living with Alzheimer's.
Here are a few facts:
* It's the only cause of death in the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured or slowed.
* Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer's disease are women.
* One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia.
* Alzheimer's disease is the sixth-leading cause of death in the United States.
* More than 5 million Americans are living with the disease.
* In the United States, someone develops Alzheimer's every 65 seconds.
For more information on where the above was found, please visit act.alz.org